How to make Paneer Payasam Recipe
- Heat ghee in a large wok (kadhai) and roast cashews and raisins until cashews turn golden brown.
- Add 3 cups milk and stir well.
- Bring the milk to boil. Keep the flame on medium and stir occasionally.
- Cook for 5 minutes or till the milk slightly thickens.
- Add ¼ cup sugar and ½ cup crushed paneer. Mix well.
- Boil for 3 minutes or until the paneer is cooked well.
- Add ¼ tsp cardamom powder and stir well.
- Garnish with dry fruits.
- Serve paneer kheer hot or cold.
- Paneer being used in salads scrambled or cut in small cubes, as a rich protein source, especially for vegetarians.
- Cottage cheese is the fresh, drained curds of slightly soured, low fat pasteurized milk. When the curds are drained, the cheese is called cottage cheese; allow the curds to drain longer, and it is called pot cheese. Press the remaining moisture out, so it becomes drier and crumbly, and it is called farmer's cheese.