How to Make Manwich
- Take a clean medium-sized skillet and place it over medium heat.
- Place the 1 pound lean ground beef in it. Add chopped onions and green pepper and cook these three ingredients together until they are brown.
- Then take it off the pan and drain off the excess liquid that is there in the skillet.
- Add garlic powder, ketchup, yellow mustard, and brown sugar and stir all of these items together with the help of a wooden spoon. Keep stirring until they mix thoroughly.
- Now reduce the heat of the skillet and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to adjust the taste as per your liking.
- Turn off the heat and serve it with toasted buns or grilled bread slices with your favorite condiments
- Manwich is also called by many other names which include sloppy joe, slush burger, dynamite, yum yums, and even sometimes as sloppy jane.
- National Sloppy Joe Day is celebrated on 18th of March
- Three different flavors of Manwich are currently available worldwide: Bold, Original, and Thick & Chunky.