How to Make Lobster Roll
- Take the buns or rolls and split it lengthwise. If you want you can pull some of the bread out from the inside to make space for the filling. Lightly butter the insides, line them with lettuce leaves and keep them aside.
- In a medium-sized clean bowl add mayonnaise, fresh lime juice, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper and whisk them together until everything is well blended.
- Add the chopped celery and green onion and mix again.
- Now add the lobster to this mixture and lightly fold the batter on to it so that it gets coated evenly on all side without falling apart.
- Spoon this lobster filling and stuff it into the sliced buns lines with lettuce leaves.
- Lightly sprinkle some basil, tarragon, or parsley over the lobster filling for some extra taste.
- The lobster roll was first introduced as a fast food dish in 1929 in a restaurant in Milford named Perry’s.
- National Lobster Day is celebrated on 25th September
- Theoretically speaking, lobsters can live forever and never die even when they get old because of an enzyme present in them known as telomerase.