How to Make Luther Burger
- Take a medium sized pot or a cast iron skillet and place it on medium heat. Put bacon in it and fry until it is crispy. Remove it from the pot with the help of a slotted spoon and place it on a plate layered with a paper towel. Transfer all the grease in the pan of the bacon into a small container for future use.
- Take your glazed donut and slice it into a half, lengthwise, being extremely careful of not removing the exterior glaze.
- Drizzle some bacon grease on a grilling pan you stored previously in a container and place the sliced donuts from its interior side down on the pan. Toast them until they are golden brown, remove them from heat and keep them aside on a plate.
- Shape your patty into a ball and season it with some salt and pepper.
- In the cast iron skillet, previously used to cook bacon, place the meatball and keep it on the heat. Add some bacon grease from the container for the ball to get some flavor. Cook it for 3 to 5 minutes or until it is golden brown and crispy.
- Keep flipping the beef ball and then lightly smash it, cook it for another 3 minutes, flip it and then place cheese on top of it to melt.
- Once the cheese has melted place the bacon on top for it to stick with the cheese and place this bacon-cheese-beef patty in the already toasted donut.
- Serve immediately while it is hot and the cheese is oozing out of the patty to enjoy the juiciness of this burger.
Trivia and Nutrition Facts
This burger was named after Luther Vandross, singer, songwriter, and record producer, as per the legends. It is estimated that the burger has approximately around 800 to 1500 calories in it.