To make 1 cup of lemon balm tea
- Take a pot and pour 1 cup of water in it.
- Bring the water to boil and add 1 rounded tablespoon of the above-prepared tea blend.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Then take the pan off the heat and strain the mixture and discard what’s left in the strainer
- Pour it into your cup and sweeten it with sugar, honey, or sweetener if desired.
- The scientific name Melissa means honey-bee in the Greek language, which refers that honey bees are attracted towards lemon balm leaves
- The oil or extract of lemon balm is used for flavoring purposes in various foods and beverages.
In early years, lemon balm was planted around beehives by beekeepers and used to clean the hives with lemon balm oil.