How to Make Leek Soup
- Take a small saucepan and use it to heat olive oil.
- Then add the chopped onion, garlic clove, and leek to it.
- Sauté it for 4 to 5 minutes until it softens a bit, but stop before it becomes brown.
- Add 150ml of vegetable stock, either prepared at home or bought from the store, and stir it for a while.
- Now add whole milk, salt, and ground pepper as per your liking and bring it to a boil.
- Then cover the pot, reduce the heat, and let it simmer on this flame for around 10 minutes or until the leek is tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool slightly. Pour the mixture into a blender or a food processor and blend until it is smooth and of creamy texture.
- Pour it into a bowl garnish with a tablespoon of double cream and chopped chives which would further enhance the taste of the soup.
- Leeks are a type of vegetable and belong to the lily family with its origination from eastern Mediterranean
- It is known for being grown easily in home gardens
Leeks are being cultivated on the soil of this mother earth for the past 3000 years.