- a dash of olive oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove – peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 large leek – chopped
- 5 1/4 oz vegetable stock
- 5 1/4 oz whole milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp double cream – to serve
- 1 tsp fresh chives – chopped, to serve
Is it cold and raining outside? Has your plan to go out with your family and have pie at that roadside café gotten canceled because of this? And now you are flustered and have no idea what to eat? Then the best option you have is to prepare a soup that is both fulfilling and tasty, which is where leek soup comes in.
It is simple and can be prepared within 30 minutes to feed your hungry family who can’t wait for more than that and will start eating any that comes their way! Leek soup is a great choice as it also has a whole bunch of health benefits. So without further ado, here is the recipe you can follow to make a soup that is loved by all.
- Helps improve eyesight because of the presence of vitamin A in abundance in it.
- Treats skin problems like wrinkles and dark spots as it contains a large number of antioxidants that helps in slowing down the aging process
- Leeks are rich in potassium which helps lower blood pressure and plays a major role in providing a smooth flow of blood to the arteries
Because of the presence of B vitamins and vitamin K in leeks, they are also a great source, if consumed on a daily basis, to prevent anemia and improve bone health
How to Make Leek Soup
Leeks are being cultivated on the soil of this mother earth for the past 3000 years.