How to Make Lasagna cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- Grease the cupcake/muffin tray with cooking spray
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, pour the olive oil and let it heat up for a minute or so.
- Add the beef, salt and pepper to the skillet and cook for 7- 10 minutes or until it becomes a medium brown color. Drain away any fat from the beef and set aside.
- Cut the wonton wrappers into circles of 2 ½ inches by using a round cookie cutter. Every cup should have 2 layers of wonton wrappers to make 12 lasagna cupcakes. Press into each cup in the tray and repeat until the tray is full.
- Keep half cup of every cheese separate.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella, parmesan and ricotta cheese into all the wonton cups equally.
- Then add the beef and pasta sauce.
- Top the cups with the remaining cheese.
- Make sure the cups don’t overflow.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes and until you see the edges of the wonton cups browned.
- Run a knife around the edges gently to remove from cupcake tray.
- Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
- Lasagna is actually the name of the pot it was cooked in and not the name of the dish itself. It is believed to be derived from the Greek word Lasanon which means chamber pot.
- Lasagna was first used in recipe books in the 14th The fact that it is still a favorite proves how popular this dish is and has stood the test of time.