Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
Large onion (chopped)
green bell pepper - finely chopped
chicken broth cubes
large carrots - sliced
tsp worcestershire sauce
tsp garlic powder
tsp cayenne powder
salt and pepper
cheese tortellinis - refrigerated
cup Mozzarella cheese – shredded
How to Make Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Remove casings from sausage and crumble for frying.
- In a large dutch oven, brown sausage, onion, and green pepper.
- Drain well.
- Stir in chicken broth, carrots, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, cayenne powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add tortellini and let simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Top with a few sprinkles of mozzarella cheese.
- Serve with crusty bread.
While normally made of pork, Italian sausage can also be a mixture of other meats, even goat.