- Infuse 2 pinches of saffron in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Blanch the almonds in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Peel the almond skins and blend the almonds with 2-3 tablespoons of milk until smooth.
- Bring milk to boil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Simmer on low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Make sure to stir intermittently to avoid burning and sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- Add almond mixture to the milk while stirring continuously. Add saffron water, sugar, and rose essence.
- Simmer until milk is reduced to 3/4 the original amount.
Garnish with sliced almonds and remaining saffron strands.
- Serve hot or chilled and enjoy!
Iran accounts for 90% of saffron produced in the world.