- Grease a rectangular tray with ghee and set aside.
- In a large heavy bottomed kadhai, dry roast sesame seeds on low heat till they turn brown.
- Combine sugar and ghee with two tablespoons of water.
- Cook on medium heat till it turns thick and syrupy.
- Remove from the heat and fold in the roasted sesame seeds and cashew nuts.
- Mix well and then transfer to the ghee coated tray. Level with a large flat spatula and cut into pieces while still warm.
Note: Once it has cooled down, you can separate the pieces and store in airtight containers.
- Serve and enjoy!
The phrase, "Open sesame!" is from the Arabian Nights tales.