How to make Jeera Rice
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 20 - 30mins.
- In a wide pan, add ghee. Allow it to melt and wait for 30 - 60 seconds.
- Add cumin seeds, black cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and bay leaf.
- Once cumin seeds start to sizzle, add salt.
- Drain the water from rice.
- Add the soaked rice and stir it gently.
- Add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and cover the pan with a lid.
- On low flame cook it till all the water is absorbed.
- Check using one or two morsels of rice grain.
- Once the rice cooked, turn off the stove and leave it aside for 5mins.
- Hot and delicious jeera rice is ready to serve. Cherish the meal at work by packing it with your stainless steel tiffin box or food containers
- Cumin seeds are a popular member of the parsley family used in Indian, North African and Mediterranean cuisines.
- Cumin is derived from the old English word ‘Cymen’ and the Latin word ‘Cuminum’, probably from the Semitic origin.