How to make Fish Pickle
- Marinate fish by adding red chili powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Keep them aside for 20 to 30 mins.
- In a wok, add gingelly oil on medium flame and add fish to it. Fry the fish in the oil till it becomes
- To make gravy use a separate pan. Add gingelly oil, mustard seeds, and fenugreek seeds. Sauté them till they splutter.
- Add curry leaves, ginger, garlic, and green chilies. Sauté them till it turns golden brown.
- Add chili powder, asafetida, pepper powder, turmeric powder, and Fry them well.
- Add ¼ cup water to the gravy and boil it well.
- Add fried fish to the gravy and mix well.
- Dry roast mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and grind them into powder.
- Add the ground powder to the pickle.
- For the first 2 days there will be sourness, later the fish will absorb all the ingredients.
- Pickle can be preserved in the refrigerator or store in airtight container or in a storage container
- Pickling has been used to preserve food for almost 5,000 years.
- The largest bluefin tuna weighed 1,496 pounds and was caught in Nova Scotia on October 26, 1979.