How To Make Lemon Rice
- Wash the rice and boil for 10 to 12 minutes. If you do not have much time then just pressure cook the rice for few minutes and add some cold water. Then drain the water from the rice.Placerice in a bowl.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice and salt on the boiled rice and mix them evenly.
- Heat a pan and pour in1 tsp. oil. Add some cashew nuts or peanuts and sauté for few seconds.
- Add some dal like, urad dal and chana dal, and sauté them with some broken red chili. After few seconds, add turmeric powder, chopped green chili, mustard seeds, salt and hing to the pan.
- Cook them well for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water. Boil and cook them for another 5 minutes.
- Add the steamed rice to the pan. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- You can garnish your lemon rice with some chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves.