How to Make Italian Lemon Cream Cake
- Preheat the oven at 175 degrees C.
- Grease the bottom of a 9/10 inch spring form baking pan with cooking spray.
- Separate 1 cup of the cake mix aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining of the cake mix with, eggs, 1 tbsp milk and vegetable oil.
- Beat the cake mixture until it becomes a smooth batter for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cake batter in the baking pan and tap it a little so that there aren’t any bubbles.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, vanilla extract and the reserved cake mix until the mixture is quite crumbly.
- Sprinkle this crumbly mixture in equal amounts all over the cake batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Let it stand come to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese along with lemon juice, zest and sugar until it becomes a smooth frosting. Beat until stiff peaks are formed and then add in the heavy cream and beat again for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cut in into two layers. After removing the top layer, spread the lemon cream all over the second one and cover it again with the top layer.
- Dust some extra confectioner’s sugar on top of the cake and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with tea or as a dessert after dinner and enjoy!
- Cakes are one of the most popular and common dessert options the world over as every region has its own version of a sweet baked treat.
- Cakes come in literally thousands of flavors and varieties.
The world’s largest cake was made in 2004 and weighed over 15000 pounds in Germany.