How to Make Italian Meat Sauce
- Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat until browned.
- Stir in parsley and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in white wine and cook until the wine has nearly evaporated.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Stir in marinara sauce and water and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer sauce for 1 hour.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in penne, and return to a boil.
- Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, but still firm to the bite.
- Combine pasta and sauce.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for about 2 minutes.
- Serve pasta and sauce topped with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Pasta originated in China not Italy.