How to Make Italian Cream Cheesecake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix cream, butter, shortening, and granulated sugar in a large bowl till it becomes light and fluffy. Then beat in the egg yolk and vanilla and then combine the flour and baking soda. Mix this well and then add buttermilk slowly to the creamed mixture. Beat this until the mixture is completely combined. Once the entire mixture seems well-combined add in coconut and pecans.
- Take another bowl, put egg whites in it, and then beat it with a clean beater until it is stiff, but make sure to not let the mixture be dry. Add one-fourth of the egg whites into the batter that you previously made, beat it a little bit and then add in the remaining whites. Beat the mixture for a few seconds and then set it aside. In the meanwhile, take a 9-inch round pan, grease it, flour it, and then pour the egg white batter into it.
- Put it in the oven and bake it for 20 – 25 minutes. To check whether it is done, insert a toothpick in the center and then pull it out. If it comes out clean, then the cake is completely baked. Once the baking is done do not remove the pan immediately. Let it cool in the oven for 10 minutes.
- For the frosting, in a bowl beat the American cream cheese with butter until it is of smooth texture. Add the confectioners’ sugar along with vanilla into the mixture till it becomes fluffy. Finally, add the pecans.
- Once the mixture has been made spread the frosting between the layers, on the top, and then on the sides of the cake.
- Refrigerate until needed to serve.