- Bring water to a boil.
- Pour in a cup and place the tea bags. Let it brew for 6-8 minutes and remove the teabags. Spritz in the lemon and mint leaves as desired.
- If making from loose leaves, then just add 2 cups water in a pan along with the leaves and let it come to a boil. When the water is reduced to 1 cup, remove from flame. Pour the tea in a tumbler and add lemon and mint as desired.
- You can double or triple the batches of loose leaf tea and store it in the flask if you want to drink throughout the day.
Green tea ice cubes
Don’t have time to make green tea all the time and want its health benefits? Just make a pot of green tea and pour it in an ice cube tray and freeze. Add the cubes to your favorite juices such as lemonade or fruit smoothies for that lovely nutritional boost.
- Tea bags were invented in 1908 by an American man called Thomas Sullivan.
- There are only 4 major types of tea: green, black, white and oolong. The way they are treated and processed is what makes different types of tea.
- The tea industry is worth over $40 billion.
- Tasseography is the art of reading tea leaves.
- According to Chinese legend, green tea was first discovered by a Chinese emperor. A green tea leaf fell into his hot cup of water and the rest, as they say, is history.
There are around 1500 types of tea in the world.