How to Make Green Pepper Juice
- Wash all the vegetables thoroughly.
- Peel the cucumber and carrots.
- Cut off the stalk of the green bell pepper.
- Juice all the ingredients through a juicing machine. Alternately, you can also combine all the ingredients in a blender and add half a cup of water and blend for 30 seconds. A creamy green smoothie will be a healthier option as it will retain most of the fiber.
- Green bell peppers have twice the vitamin C than an orange.
- November is national capsicum/bell pepper month
- Do you know that red bell peppers are green bell peppers that are left for longer periods to ripen hence the change of color!
- They are used in many recipes and cuisines from Chinese to Mexican and are also used for stuffing and fillings.
- Bell peppers also come in red, yellow, purple and white colors.
- High heat destroys most of its nutritional content so its best just to lightly sauté it or eat it raw in salads or smoothies/juices to get their full nutritional benefit.
- Since bell peppers have seeds, they are considered to be fruits and not vegetables.
- Bell peppers are native to Mexico and other parts of South and Central America. The Spanish people helped to spread their cultivation in other parts of the world in the 17th and 18th
- Bell peppers are one of the cheapest and popular ingredients found in the kitchens the world over. They are used in soups, salads, pizzas, casseroles, pastas and so much more.
Even though it is a pepper, it does not contain the compound capsaicin that give all peppers a spicy kick.