- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Make sure there are no stems of the goji berries.
- Blend at high speed for 30 seconds. You can add more water if you feel it is thick to get more runny consistency.
- Enjoy your freshly juiced health in a glass.
This was a plain goji berry juice but you can fancy it up by adding some chia seeds, kale or even mango slices.
- Goji berries are now considered to be a superfood due to their high nutritional profile.
- They grow in China, Mongolia and the Himalayas. Therefore, they are usually available in Chinese grocery shops. They can also be found in health food stores.
- Some claim this superfood berry to be the fountain of youth as the regions that grow and eat them have many people living a long life!
- Just 1 ounce of goji berries contain more vitamin C than an orange, more iron than a steak and more beta carotene (vitamin A) than a carrot.
- People also love to munch on dried goji berries as a light and healthy snack.
- As healthy as these little gems are, it is recommended not to go overboard when consuming them. Just stick to 1 ounce a day because too many can become toxic for your liver as they are high in selenium.
According to a Chinese legend, a man named Li Qing Yuen lived up to the age of 250 years just because he ate goji berries every day.