- Grease a small pan with ghee and keep it at the ready
- Measure the ghee in a pan.
- Heat it at a medium heat.
- Add the measure wheat flour and cook it over a low flame.
- Keep frying the flour until it releases a nice aroma and the flour turns color to a slightly darker shade.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix thoroughly.
- Turn off the flame and remove the pan to a counter top.
- Add the measured jaggery and mix thoroughly to combine.
Note: The jaggery will melt and combine well with just the heat remaining in the pan.
- Pour the mixture immediately on to the greased pan and sprinkle the chopped almonds over the mixture
- Press the mixture down using a spatula to even things out.
- Let the golpapdi cool down a bit before turning them into slices.
- Slice them while they are still a little warm.
Note: They will crumble if completely let to cool down.
- Let it cool completely and then store in an air tight container.
Golpapdi is a major part of Gujarati cuisine.