- Glaze a tray or steel plate with ghee.
- Dry grind grated coconut.
- Heat a wide frying pan and add gram flour.
- Roast gram flour under medium flame for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add sugar and keep stirring
- Stir in ground coconut followed by milk and ghee.
- Keep stirring as mixture begins to boil.
- Start scraping the edges as the mixture begins to thicken and keep stirring continuously.
- At a point with the mixture starts leaving the edges and turns slightly whitish, transfer it to the greased plate.
- Tap the tray twice to even out the mixture.
- Grease a pizza cutter or a knife with ghee and cut the seven cup mixture into pieces.
- Wait until cool and take out the pieces carefully.
Burfi is a derivative of the word barf, which means snow.