Gateau Mollet with Sabayon of Champagne
For Gateau Mollet :
a grated lemon zest
For Sabayon of Champagne :
cup of sugar
How to Make Gateau Mollet with Sabayon of Champagne
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Melt the yeast with a little warm water in a bowl.
- Lightly whisk the melted butter and the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add in the sugar, flour and salt. Mix until well-combined.
- Pour the yeast into the mixture and knead it well for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now evenly spread the butter on a bundt pan.
- Gently pour over the batter on the bundt pan. Evenly spread it all over the pan with the spatula.
- Now place the pan in the preheated oven. Let it bake for 30 minutes until it is brown.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the Sabayon of Champagne put egg yolks, sugar and champagne in a heatproof bowl of an electric mixer set over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk the mixture until hot and thick, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Attach the bowl with a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Beat on a high speed until thick and smooth.
- Once the cake is baked, take it out of the oven. Pour the Sabayon of Champagne over the cake.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Sabayon is known as zabaglione in Italy. It is typically served over a cake, or an ice-cream.
Gateau mollet is also known as the moist cake.