- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 3 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 pint of fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons of white sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, divided
- 6 tablespoons of turbinado sugar, divided
This dessert has started gaining popularity recently because it is an in between version of pie and cake. Possessing the flaky and crusty properties of a pie, and the ultimate cakey feel, this makes people love it even more. The unique part about this dessert is that you can add your favorite seasonal fruits in it and personalize it however, you wish to!
The three fruits used in this dessert are known for the high amount of nutrients, minerals, and vitamins they have. Peaches are known as “rich treasure” because they have calcium, iron, and potassium in them. Strawberries are high in vitamin C, manganese, and folate. Blueberries are known to have fiber, vitamin B6, and phytonutrients that fight against heart diseases.
How to Make Fruit Galette
La Galette des Rois is known as the “King Cake” eaten on the first Sunday of January.