How to Make Fruit Galette
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lay out one piecrust, but you must leave room for the other one to be placed next to it.
- In a bowl, mix the sliced peaches with half of the blueberries; add 2 tablespoons of flour and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Once it is mixed, spread it on the piecrust, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold the uncovered border over the edge of the fruits and “pinch into pleats.” Sprinkle the crust and filling with 3 tablespoons of turbinado sugar.
- Now, lay out the other piecrust on the baking sheet. In a bowl, add the strawberries, remaining blueberries, remaining flour, and sugar. Pour it onto the second piecrust and form the same curst. Sprinkle it with 3 tablespoons of turbinado sugar.
- Bake this in a preheated oven until the crust begins to brown; this takes 12 to 14 minutes. Serve it at room temperature.
- Galette is a French word used for the different types of crusty, round, or freeform cakes.
- There are many different types of galettes available in the world, from savory to sweet.
La Galette des Rois is known as the “King Cake” eaten on the first Sunday of January.