How to Make French Yogurt Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch baking pan with some cooking spray or unsalted butter.
- In a large bowl, add in the flour, baking powder, sugar and nutmeg powder. Set this aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, add in the yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk all the ingredients together until creamy and thickened.
- Gently mix in the yogurt with the flour mixture and beat with an electric mixer at high speed until a creamy batter is formed.
- Pour the batter in the spring form round baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- For the glaze, whisk in together the yogurt, sugar and orange juice together and set aside.
- When the cake is baked, let it cool for 20 minutes and spread the glaze all over the top evenly.
- Garnish it with some orange zest.
- Serve at tea time or after dinner and enjoy!
- The French have more than 2500 kinds of cakes, pastries and baked goodies that they take pride in.
- Pastry making was made into a separate branch of cookery by the French.
- No breakfast in France is complete without a pastry basket in all cafes, bistros and restaurants. Every hot meal is accompanied by a bread basket as well.
The first pastry chef was Antonin Careme who is still talked about when it comes to French patisserie.