How to Make Fried Chicken
- Cut the whole chicken into smaller pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl mix flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- In a separate bowl, pour in the buttermilk. The bowl has to be big enough to dip in the chicken pieces in the buttermilk comfortably.
- Dust the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, then dip them in the buttermilk, until they are fully coated. Brining the chicken in buttermilk is a mandatory step, which makes the chicken moist.
- Spread another layer of flour mixture over the chicken pieces. Make sure that the chicken pieces are thoroughly coated so you have a crispy outer layer.
- Gently place the pieces in the heated oil. Fry until the crust turns golden brown.
- Remove the pieces from the pan, and drain the excess oil.
- Serve the hot fried chicken and enjoy!
Did You Know?
- A bucket of chicken from KFC is a part of Christmas celebrations in Japan.
- National fried chicken day is celebrated on 6th of July across the world!