How to Make Fluffernutter Sandwich
- Medium heat the vegetable or peanut oil in a small sized fry pan.
- While the oil is heating, spread the peanut butter on one slice of the bread. Top it with the banana.
- Evenly spread the marshmallow fluff on the other side of the bread. Close the slices together to make a sandwich.
- Now put the flour, eggs and panko bread crumbs in three separate medium sized bowls. Make sure that they are big enough to dip the entire sandwich.
- Thoroughly dust the sandwich with the flour. Make sure the sides and edges are dusted with the flour as well.
- Next dip it in the egg and then cover it with the panko bread crumbs.
- Gently place the sandwich in the hot oil. Fry it for about 2 minutes, each side. Let it fry until it turns golden.
- Remove from the pan. Place it on a paper towel-lined plate to drain the excess oil.
- Sprinkle it with salt and powdered sugar.
- Cut the sandwich in half. Serve and enjoy!
- Amory Curtis of Melrose, Massachusetts is known as the creator of the marshmallow spread, known as Snowflake Marshmallow Crème (later called SMAC)
- November is known as the National Peanut Butter Lovers’ Month
- The earliest reference to peanut butter can be traced back to the Ancient Incas and the Aztecs who ground roasted the peanuts to make their paste.