How to make Healthy Vanilla Cookies
- In a large bowl, add oil, butter, golden syrup, egg, sugar and vanilla extract.Beat together with a hand-mixer.
- In a separate bowl, sift in flour and flaxseed and gradually add in the wet mixture, folding it with a wooden spoon to make a sticky dough ball.
- Lay down plastic wrap on a counter and put the dough on it.
- Roll out the dough into a log shape and wrap tightly with the plastic wrap and let it set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- After 2 hours, pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the dough and cut into 16 rounds with a sharp knife, flatten and lay them on the sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove cookies from trays and let cool on a rack.
- Enjoy the cookies with tea or coffee.
- Fresh vanilla beans are green and have no aroma and flavor.The black vanilla beans we are accustomed to, require 3-6 months of curing to develop flavor and aroma.
- Vanilla is expensive because the flower which grows the bean only last for 24 hours. If it dies, no beans can be harvested.
- Until the late 1800s, vanilla was used to sooth and calm down people who suffered from hysteria.And it was considered sacred.
- Did you know that American consume around 2 billion cookies every year.
- The word cookie comes from a Dutch word koekje which mean “small cakes”, but they are called biscuits in England.