How to Make Créances Carrot Cake
- Wash the carrots and peel them off properly.
- Put them into a grinder and grind until they are finely grated.
- Set them aside until they are needed for the batter.
- Take a large mixing bowl.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl.
- Mix all the dry ingredients well and set them aside for the batter.
- Take a separate mixing bowl.
- Add eggs into it.
- Whisk the eggs and while you are at it, add sugar into the bowl.
- Whisk until the mixture turns creamy and pale.
- Continue whisking and add the orange zest, orange juice and vegetable oil into the bowl.
- Then add the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix up using a spoon into a fine batter.
- Add grated carrot into the batter and mix it well.
- Take a baking pan.
- Grease the pan with oil.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake the Créances carrot cake for 90 minutes at 340 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once, the cake is baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool down for at least half an hour.
- When it is cooled down let the cake out in a dish.
- Use a knife to slice the cake into two slabs.
- Remove the slab on top and set it aside on another plate.
- Use an icing cone to apply cream cheese icing on top of the second slab.
- Place the first slab on top of it and refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours.
- Enjoy the soft and cool Créances carrot cake!
- The density of a carrot cake is more than that of a normal cake.
- Cream cheese icing is commonly used for carrot cakes.
Carrot cake is the most popular in Britain as per a survey carried out in 2011 by the Radio Times.