How to Make Blue Cheese Dressing
- Take a large mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream and butter milk into the bowl.
- Peel off the garlic cloves and wash these off thoroughly.
- Crush the garlic cloves or grind these into a fine paste then add it into the mixing bowl.
- Add freshly ground black pepper, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, salt, sugar and Worcestershire sauce into the mixing bowl.
- Whisk all these ingredients with a hand mixer.
- The whisking should be perfect to create a firm base for the blue cheese.
- Keep a slab of the blue cheese in the refrigerator prior to the making of this dressing so you can get a hard piece for the purpose of grating.
- Grate the blue cheese into the mixing bowl using a grater.
- Grate it a bit then mix it up into the dressing.
- Grate some more and mix it up again.
- Keep repeating the process until the entire slab has been added to the dressing.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dressing overnight or for 3 to 4 hours to let it set.
- Serve the delicious blue cream dressing with any of your favorite salads, steaks and other cuisine!
- Blue Cheese is called so because it is covered with blue marble veins.
- In France, the Blue Cheese is known as the cheese of Kings and Popes.
You can serve Blue Cheese with figs and other such dry fruits.