For Hollandaise Sauce
- Place a sauce pan on the stove on low flame filled with an inch of water.
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Make sure the mixing bowl can fit on top of the sauce pan that you have placed on the stove.
- Add egg yolks and fresh lemon juice squeezed from the lemon into the bowl.
- Place the bowl on top of the sauce pan and whisk the eggs and lemon thoroughly.
- Start adding melted butter into the bowl while whisking it on the heat.
- Add butter gradually as you continue to whisk the sauce.
- Once you get the sauce to a thin consistency season it with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Whisk it some more and set it aside until it is needed for assembling.
For Poached Eggs
- Place another larger pan on another stove and fill up half of it with simmering boiling water.
- Break open an egg in a separate bowl.
- Add white vinegar into the water and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add eggs into the water.
- Repeat the same process with the rest of the 3 eggs.
- Let the eggs cook for at least 3 to 4 minutes then remove them from the pan and set them aside until they are needed for assembling.
For the Muffins and the Crab Meat
- Take a non-stick frying pan.
- Add butter into it.
- Add thoroughly washed and cleaned crab meat into the pan.
- Fry it at low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Season the meat with salt, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Fry it until it is tender, at least for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove it from the pan and set it aside until it is needed for assembling.
- Add the English muffins into the pan and brown both of its sides for a couple of minutes each.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and set them aside until they are needed for assembling.
- Pull out a serving dish.
- Place all of the four muffins on it.
- Place a poached egg each on top of each of the muffins.
- Ladle hollandaise sauce on top of each of the poached eggs and muffins.
- Enjoy the Eggs Neptune hot!
- The word ‘breakfast’ literally means breaking the fasting of the previous night.
There is a National Hot Breakfast Month celebrated in February every month.