1 tbsp instant coffee
2 cups chilled milk
2 tbsp fresh cream
to taste sugar
as required ice cubes
Cold coffee is a simple, easy and a refreshing drink to beat the summer heat. The best thing about iced coffee is that it goes down so smooth and easy. The worst thing about iced coffee is that it goes down so smooth and easy that our monthly Starbucks expenditure rivals that of the electric bill with the AC cranked on high all day every day. Oops.
The answer to this problem, dear friends, is homemade cold coffee! This recipe of cold coffee is as good as anything we can get at a coffee shop, but they cost a fraction of the price to make. The added bonus is that we dont even have to get out of our PJs to sip one on a lazy Sunday.
- Coffee boosts your physical performance. Have a cup of black coffee about an hour before workout and your performance can improve by 11-12%. Caffein increases adrenaline levels in your blood. Adrenaline is your body’s “fight or flight” hormone, which helps prepare for physical exertion.
- Coffee may help lose weight; coffee beans contain magnesium and potassium, which helps the human body use insulin, regulating blood sugar levels and reducing your craving for sugary treats and snacks.
- Coffee helps burn fat; caffeine helps fat cells break down body fat and use it as a fuel for training.
- Moderate caffeine intake, about 1-6 cups a day, helps you focus and improves your mental alertness.
- Coffee lowers risk of death. Studies have shown that coffee drinker’s overall risk of premature death is 25% lower than of those who don’t drink coffee.
How to Make Cold Coffee