- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp Sugar
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1- pint whole milk
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 egg whites
Eggnog is a simple, nutritious and delicious drink. This recipe is sure to delight you when you have those Monday morning blues. You can also cool off with a glass of eggnog on hot summer afternoons. This holiday season, lets skip the store-bought cartons and additive-laden jugs, and have our eggnog the old-fashioned way with real eggs. As long as you have eggs, sugar, milk, and cream in your fridge, you can have eggnog anytime the craving hits. Here is a step-by- step recipe to guide you to experience the bliss of homemade eggnog.
How to make Eggnog
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten
Recipe for cooked eggnog:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved, set it aside.
1. Eggnog dates to 14 th century, when medieval Englishmen enjoyed a hot cocktail known as posset. Posset didn’t contain eggs. The Oxford English Dictionary defines posset as “a drink made of hot milk curdled with ale, wine, or the like, often sweetened and spiced.Over the years eggs joined in on the festive fun.
1. Not only do you need sunshine for vitamin D, but also sunny egg yolks, which are high in good cholesterol. Good cholesterol fortifies your body with vitamin D, which helps in calcium absorption.