Coconut and Watermelon Ice Cream with Papaya Sauce
For the papaya sauce
1 tbsp - olive oil
150 gms - papaya (peeled and de-seeded and chopped)
salt and pepper to taste.
For balsamic Glaze
60 ml - vinegar
1 tsp - sugar
Few drops of rose water
half shell of a coconut
100 ml - watermelon juice
100 ml - coconut milk
How to make Coconut and Watermelon Ice Cream with Papaya Sauce
For papaya sauce:
- In a blender, add papaya, pepper and olive oil. Add a dash of watermelon juice to thin it down.
- Your sauce is ready.
For Balsamic Glaze:
- In a pan, add vinegar and sugar. Heat it till the mixture gains a syrupy consistency.
- Slice a bit of coconut to garnish your drink.
For watermelon and coconut sorbet:
- In a large bowl, add the coconut milk and watermelon juice to it. Now very slowly add dry ice to the bowl.
- Add rosewater and keep stirring the mixture till it attains an ice-cream like texture.
- Your ice cream is ready. Serve with papaya sauce splashed on your ice cream, and garnish with the balsamic glaze!
- Enjoy your ice cream!
- Coconut water is called the “ father of modern tissue culture science".
- Coconut water can actually be used as a substitute for blood plasma!
- Apart from culinary usage, coconuts are used for cosmetic purposes as well!
- The papaya is known to have originated from southern Mexico and Central America.
- September is national papaya month!