- Add chopped tender coconut meat, coconut milk, tender coconut water in a blender and blend into a smooth paste.
- Before beating the cream, cool your mixing bowl and beater in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Add cold heavy cream to a large bowl.
- Beat the cream with your hand mixer until it forms firm peaks.
Note: Ensure that you do not over-beat.
- To the whipped cream add the prepared coconut paste.
- Fold with gentle strokes in one direction.
- Stir in the condensed milk and mix until fully combined.
Note: Again, fold in gently but not vigorously.
- Finally, add the remaining chopped coconut to the ice cream base and fold gently.
- Pour ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze for 6-8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once it is set, your coconut ice cream is ready to scoop and savor!
Only tender coconuts make ideal ingredient for this recipe and not the ripe brown ones.