How to make Raspberry Ice Cream
- Add the raspberries along with 2 tbsp sugar in a small pan.
- Cook it on medium heat until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Simmer for 5 minutes so that it thickens.
- Sieve the contents and discard the seeds.
- To a bowl, add the eggs, egg yolks, and remaining sugar in it.
- Thoroughly whisk the contents using an electric hand whisk.
- You may hold the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, in such a way that the bottom does not actually touch the water.
- After 3-4 minutes it will turn pale and thick.
- Continue to beat after removing from the heat.
- Add the cream in another bowl and whisk it until it forms soft peaks.
- Gently combine it into the cool egg mix.
- Pour the entire mix into a shallow container for freezing.
- Swirl the raspberries gently into it and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Your raspberry ice-cream is ready.
- Serve scoops in a bowl with mango slices and extra raspberries or in cones topped with sprinkles.
In India, the concept of ice-cream goes back to the 16the century during the Mughal rule.