- Put sugar in a pan and heat it at a medium temperature.
- Wait for the sugar to melt into a smooth liquid from the initial clumps.
- The sugar will slowly caramelize, e. will turn golden brown.
- Add the nuts to it.
- Stir to combine the nuts.
Note: The melted caramelized sugar burns very fast so remove it from the flame once the nuts are added.
- Transfer the nut-sugar combination to a parchment paper to let cool.
Ice Cream Procedure
- Cool the mixing bowl or hand whisk attachment in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove and add heavy cream to it.
- With the wire whisker or your hand whisk, beat the cream thoroughly till it forms soft peaks.
- Set it aside.
- Take a large bowl and add the entire 300 ml of condensed milk, milk powder, and the butterscotch
- Mix them thoroughly.
- Fold the cream slowly to the condensed milk mixture.
Note: This addition has to be in parts, mixing after each addition.
- Mix the yellow dye as per requirement.
- Take the container in which the ice-cream will be frozen and transfer the entire ice-cream mixture into it.
- Place the container in the freezer for about 2 hours to set slightly.
- Break the hardened caramelized sugar into pieces and transfer it to the food processor.
- Pulse it into a fine powder and let some coarse pieces stay.
- Remove the cream from the freezer and add the crushed sugar powder and nuts.
- Mix until the praline is fully assimilated.
- Pour the ice-cream back into the container and freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Your butterscotch ice-cream is ready.
Butterscotch is referred to as a flavor, but in fact it is a confectionary.