How to Make It
- Put the cocoa nibs in a spice grinder and pulse for 4-5 times until the cocoa nibs are well chopped.
- Place the ground nibs in a 1-quart microwavable measuring cup then add 2 cups milk.
- Microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes or until the temperature of the milk reaches 160°F. Let steep at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the sugar, chocolate, salt and water in a carafe of a French press with a 1-litre capacity. Set aside.
- Return the steep milk mixture to the microwave and microwave on high for 2 minutes until the mixture simmers or reaches 185°F. Use a fine-mesh strainer to strain the hot liquid into the carafe of your French press. Let stand for 2 minutes. Stir well to combine the milk and chocolate.
- Pump the French press’s plunger about 15 times to aerate and froth. Pour the liquid into an ice cube tray. Freeze for 4 to 5 hours, until solid. (You can also freeze it overnight.)
- In a blender, mix the frozen chocolate cubes with the 1/2 cup milk, half-and- half, or brewed coffee. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.