How to make Chocolate Truffle Cake
- Cook the butter, milk, and chocolate at a low temperature until it is melted in a large saucepan.
- Remove from the stove and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Beat the vanilla and eggs inside a large bowl.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture until it turns smooth.
- Combine the salt, flour, baking soda and sugar.
- Gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Note: Batter should be thin.
- Disperse the mixture amongst three greased and floured 9-in round baking pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Note: An inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and transfer to wire racks in order to completely cool.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the cream and confectioners' sugar until it turns smooth.
- Pour chocolate inti a small bowl.
- Boil cream in a small saucepan.
- Pour over chocolate and whisk until it turns smooth.
- Let cool while stirring occasionally.
- Note: Keep stirring until the ganache reaches a spreading consistency.
- Place a cake layer onto a serving plate.
- Spread half of the filling onto it.
- Repeat for remaining layers.
- Top with remaining cake layer.
- Spread ganache over top and sides of cake.
- Store in the refrigerator before serving.
A chocolate truffle is a chocolate confectionary.