- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make the Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Mix well.
- Use a springform pan where the sides loosen and the bottom comes out. Spoon crumb mixture into the springform pan. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan using a spoon.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let it cool down.
- Make the Filling: Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Place the center rack 1 level lower than the center.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer. Mix for at least 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl down as necessary to avoid cream cheese lumps.
- Reduce the speed to medium. Add eggs, 1 at a time.
- Reduce speed to low. Add sour cream and vanilla. Mix well and pour into crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450°F.
- Reduce oven temperature to 225°F. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Do not open the door immediately. Let cheesecake stand in turned off oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from the oven. Let it cool down and refrigerate until chilled.
- Make the Topping: Combine the sugar, cornstarch, water, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Add blueberries and cook until lightly bubbly. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Let topping cool. Spoon over top of the cheesecake before serving.
If you are going on a long trip and taking your cheesecake, you might want it to stay fresh for a long period. The solution is simply to store them in your Vaya Tyffyn lunchboxes! Not just your blueberry cheesecake, but any meal can be held for at least 5 hours!
Desserts have a naturally high percentage of carbohydrates to help the brain and body produce chemicals such as serotonin that contribute to overall emotional well-being.