- 2 1/4 lb chicken breast and drumsticks
- 2 eggs--beaten
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp tandoori masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds--powdered
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 15 curry leaves
- 4 green chillies
- ginger and garlic--finely chopped
- green onions--chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp chilli sauce (optional)
Chicken 65 got its unusual name because of its popularity in many Indian restaurants where it always appeared as the 65th option on the menu list. Stories go that diners would not care but just order food number 65.
To prepare chicken 65, you will need the usual Indians spices plus a chicken breast or whole chicken, if the family is big. The chicken is battered and fried crisp on the outside then seasoned with a flavorful mixture of spices, ginger, garlic, curry leaves, and green chilies.
- Chicken helps in building muscles.
- This mineral rich food keeps your bones healthy. Phosphorous and calcium ensure your bones are in top condition.
How to Make Chicken 65