- 2 cups gram flour
- 1/2 cup Gheeadditional for greasing the pan
- 4 green cardamoms--deseeded and pods crushed
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp almond--chopped
- 1 tbsp cashew--chopped
So you have landed in a busy airport in India. Lucky enough you have some friends who have previously been to India and shared with you the best kind of food to order but have no idea on the dessert. There is a dessert that will leave your tongue tickling—Besan Burfi. It is a traditional Indian dessert whose main ingredients are besan (gram flour/chickpea flour), sugar and ghee.
Besan burfi is eye catching because of its shapes. The fudge-like dessert with its sweet aroma will make you salivate. Preparing Besan burfi requires attention and continuous handwork. Any loss of concentration results in something far away from besan burfi.
Health benefits of chickpea flour include:
- Low GI (Glycemic Index), which helps maintain the level of blood sugar.
- Soluble fibers that help gut and stomach healthy.
- Gluten-free molecular composition.
- Improved ration of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol
How to Make Besan Burfi
Remembers to log in our website Vaya Tyffyn and shop yourself the best lunch bag for your child. Surprise your child with that lunch bag he or she has always wanted.