How to Make Cutlet
- Steam or boil veggies until just done. Drain any excess moisture. Mash them well.
- Add breadcrumbs, ginger, chilies, garam masala, and salt to taste to the veggies.
- Mix everything well. It should not be a sticky dough. If needed, add more breadcrumbs to reduce stickiness.
- Form into 13 to 14 patties and set aside.
- Make a slightly thin batter of besan and water. Dip each patty in the batter on both the sides.
- Coat well with the breadcrumbs. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat oil for shallow frying and fry patties on both the sides until golden.
Who doesn’t like warm Cutlet ? Make sure you pack them in a steel tiffin box or kitchen storage containers that are insulated, to keep cutlet not just hot, but also fresh.
- Oregon potato farmers harvested 35,000 acres in 2006 yielding over 1.8 billion pounds of potatoes.
- Contrary to a common misconception, potatoes are not high in calories. One medium sized potato contains 110 calories, while a one-cup serving of rice has 225 calories, and a cup of pasta has 155 calories.