How to make Cauliflower Soup
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and celery and cook until onion softens.
- Add the carrot and cauliflower and stir to combine the pan contents.
- Sprinkle with the flour, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth and pour in milk gradually. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until the soup thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Add hot pepper sauce and stir.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.Serve with crusty bread.
- Ancient Egyptians were a big fan of onions. Onions were worshipped in ancient Egypt as it was held that the spherical shape and rings of the onions were a sort of glyph of time without end.