How to make Veg Hakka Noodles
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry onion until see-through.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir-fry, then add carrot pieces and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, chicken, and potatoes, stir-fry, and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add cut green chilli and tomato paste, and mix thoroughly.
- Add water and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to cook over medium heat for about 17 minutes, until potato and carrot are cooked through and soft.
- In a separate pot, bring water to a boil and add the egg noodles. Cook according to their package instructions.
- Remove noodles from water and split evenly through serving bowls.
- Add spinach to the soup pot, mixing thoroughly, and allow to cook for about 4 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Pour over the egg noodles in their serving bowls and garnish with chopped spring onion.Packing this for lunch? Make sure you carry it in an insulated lunchbox or storage container
- Thukpa bears many similarities with momos. They are both comfort food well worth the effort put into them, and both came all the way from the mountains of Tibet to have a heavy influence on multiple cuisines around the world.