- (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 16 almonds
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp organic sugar or any other sweetener, such brown sugar
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 generous pinches cardamom powder
Carrot milkshakes can be considered as the alpha super food. This marvelous and nutritious beverage serves the dual purpose of rejuvenating and nourishing the body. Carrot milkshakes have a super delicious taste and they can serve as perfect summer coolers. Kids love colorful foods which is why you should try to spice things up with their milkshakes and smoothies. Just like it is with life, variety is the spice of all good milkshakes! You don’t have to precook the carrots for this milkshake. Just add the carrots to the boiling milk and let stand until they become partially cooked. Add a couple of almonds for necessary thickness, taste and nutrition to your carrot milkshake.
Looking for a water bottle to store cold Carrot Milkshake to have post-workout? Grab the Drynk from Vaya and sip away!
- With a glass of carrot milkshake, your eyes get extra protection. This is because carrots have a sizeable amount of lutein, zeaxanthin, and beta carotene; three nutrients that serve to improve thehealth of the eyes. The function of both zeaxanthin and lutein is to ensure that the risk of vision loss related to age is reduced.
- One glass of carrot milkshake has the equivalent of about 400% of your body’s total vitamin A requirements!
How to Make It
Approximately 70,000 acres of carrots were harvested in the USA in 2009 for the fresh market.