How to make Candy Ice Cream
- Add the milk and half-and-half cream to a large, heavy-bottomed
- Heat it to 175⁰.
- Add the sugar and salt to it and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Whisk the 4 beaten eggs and a portion of the warm mixture together.
- Add it to the rest of the warm mixture and continue whisking.
- Keep whisking the mixture on a low heat, until it reaches at least 160⁰.
- Dip a wooden spoon into the mixture, and if it coats the back of the spoon, it means that the mixture is at the right consistency.
- Remove the mixture from heat and cool it down using an ice bath.
- Give it a good stir and add the vanilla extract.
- Stir it for 2 minutes more.
- Cover the container tightly with plastic and put it in the fridge overnight or for at least 4-6 hours.
- Take the chopped candy bar pieces and stir them into the frozen mixture.
- Put the mixture in the ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- After churning it place the ice cream back into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours more until it becomes solid.
- Scoop out and serve the candy ice cream!
There are thousands of types of candy all around the world. Almost every country worldwide has their indigenous candy types.