How to make Calvados Lemon Sorbet
For the Syrup
- Take a deep pot.
- Put it on the stove on low heat.
- Add water and sugar into the pot.
- Let the mixture cook until all the sugar is dissolved and sweet syrup is prepared as a sweetener for the ice cream. Don’t let the mixture get caramelized. You don’t need it to be too thick.
- Once, the mixture is prepared, set it aside until it is needed for the ice cream.
For the Ice Cream
- Take a large mixing bowl.
- Grate skins of 2 lemons into the mixing bowl.
- Juice all the lemons into the mixing bowl.
- Make sure you have at least a cup and a half of lemon juice into the bowl.
- Add the prepared sweetener into the bowl while it is still steaming hot and mix it up well with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Once the ingredients cool down refrigerate the bowl overnight.
- Put the insert of your ice cream machine inside the freezer overnight.
- The next day, add the mixture prepared in the bowl into the ice cream machine.
- Cover the lid and use the ice cream machine as per the instructions on the ice cream machine manual.
- The ice cream should be done in about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once, it is done scoop out the tasty lemon sorbet in your ice cream bowls.
- Garnish with cream or vanilla sauce and enjoy!
- The National Ice Cream Month is celebrated every month in July in the U.S.
Ice Cream was once considered a symbol of wealth and status in the world.