How to Make Cake a La Vergeoise
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- Mix the melted butter along with the cane sugar, brown vergeoise in a medium sized bowl until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Now stir in the egg yolks, milk, flour, yeast, cinnamon, nutmeg seeds, green anise, star anise, the four spices powder, baking powder, and the almond puree.
- Beat in the egg whites with a pinch of salt. Mix until well combined.
- Now gently add the mixture in the dough with the help of a spatula.
- Pour the dough into a cake mold or any other shape of your choice.
- Bake the dough in the preheated oven for about 50 to an hour, until the cake expands, and turns golden brown.
- To test if the cake is properly baked, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake if it comes out clean then it means that the cake is fully baked.
- Once the cake is baked, take it out of the oven. Transfer the cake to a cooling rack. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve the cake by slicing into equal pieces and enjoy!
- Cake a La Vergoise is one of the classic French cakes.
- Vergeoise is the name given to brown sugar in Belgium, Switzerland and Quebec.