- Fry the bacon strips in a medium sized frying pan and fry them in 2 tbsp vegetable oil until slightly brown and crispy.
- Chop the bacon pieces into small squares and set aside.
- In a large deep-frying pan heat the 3 cups of vegetable oil until it starts to have tiny bubbles forming and a crackling sound.
- Drop the raw potatoes fries in the pan and let them fry for 8-10 minutes. You can fry 2 minutes more if you want them slightly golden or crispy.
- Remove from flame and place them on a plate that has parchment paper or double-sided tissues to soak up all the oil. Season them with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Alternately if you want a healthier option then you can just bake the frozen package of pre-cut fries in a preheated oven (375 degrees F) and bake for 25 minutes or according to package instructions.
- Transfer the fries on a large platter and sprinkle all the shredded cheddar cheese all over them. Make sure they are still piping hot so that the cheese can easily melt.
- Sprinkle all the bacon pieces on the melted cheese followed by sour cream.
- A final garnish of chopped green onions makes the cheese fries complete.
- Serve and enjoy!
Despite being called ‘French’ fries, they were created and popularised in America.