How to make Watermelon Ice Cream
- Wash the watermelon and cut it in half.
- Scoop out the succulent flesh with a spoon and juice them using a juicer after removing the popsicles.
- Store the slightly reddish juice in a cup.
- Add watermelon juice, vanilla essence, milk, cream, and honey to a blender altogether.
- Blend it into a smooth consistency till you get the desired texture.
- Be careful not to blend it too long as it will add air and froth to the top.
- Remove the froth with a spoon and discard.
- Pour the mixture into an ice-cream maker and proceed as directed.
- You can also pour it into a container and leave it in a freezer overnight, but the results are better with an ice-cream maker.
- Your ice-cream will assume a soft-serve texture when it is done.
- Place the ice-cream in a freezer to allow it to harden overnight.
You tend to consider a watermelon as a fruit, but it is a vegetable of the gourd family.